Welcome to Generation Jackson Discussion Board.

You are currently viewing the forum is guest mode which means you cannot see a lot of the discussion board. Things are hidden for guests. By joining the community you will be able to create and write in topics as well as take part in many opportunities.

Joining is free, quick and simple. So please join Generation Jackson.

Were a whole new generation!
Welcome to Generation Jackson Discussion Board.

You are currently viewing the forum is guest mode which means you cannot see a lot of the discussion board. Things are hidden for guests. By joining the community you will be able to create and write in topics as well as take part in many opportunities.

Joining is free, quick and simple. So please join Generation Jackson.

Were a whole new generation!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To Generation Jackson, we hope you enjoy your stay! Let´s spread the Legacy of Love of the King Of Pop!

Share | 

Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MICHAELa
Admin
Admin
MICHAELa

Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault! Empty
PostSubject: Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault!   Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:43 am

LOS ANGELES, May 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Jackson 5: J5 Live @ The Forum is a new 2-CD set released June 22 that uncovers an amazing chapter from the phenomenal career of Michael Jackson and his brothers in the J5: their extraordinary performances from the Los Angeles Forum, recorded in June 1970 and August 1972-the first at the start of their rapid ascent to stardom, the second when they became established icons. These brilliant shows have not been released in any form until now, the 40th anniversary of the 1970 show.

J5 Live @ The Forum features earth-shaking live performances of the group's best-known hits - "I Want You Back," "ABC," "The Love You Save," "I'll Be There," "Never Can Say Goodbye" and more. Single B-sides "I Found That Girl" and "I'm So Happy" and such surprises as album cuts "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Zip A Dee Do Dah," plus songs not released by the J5, including covers of James Brown's "There Was a Time" and the Isley Brothers' "It's Your Thing," are part of the shows. The 1972 show also features a fantastic, full set of Michael's solo hits, including "Got To Be There" and "Ben," his brand new single at the time, as well as a solo spot by Jermaine.

Disc 1 includes the complete Forum show recorded June 20, 1970, when the group broke existing box office records at the venue. The J5 were on their first national tour, and the show is a unique document of the growing "Jacksonmania" gripping the globe. Disc 2 is the complete show from August 26, 1972, just three days before Michael's 14th birthday. Each disc includes a bonus track: an unreleased full live version of "Mama's Pearl," from the concert that became part of the 1971 TV special Goin' Back To Indiana, closes Disc 1; "I Wanna Be Where You Are," from the soundtrack album to Save The Children, makes its CD debut at the end of Disc 2.

J5 Live @ The Forum is housed in a collector's digi-pak with rare photos and insightful liner notes.

TRACK LIST

All tracks previously unreleased except noted *

Disc 1 - June 20, 1970

1. Introduction

2. I Want You Back

3. Feelin' Alright

4. Who's Lovin' You

5. Walk On

6. Don't Know Why I Love You

7. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

8. ABC

9. It's Your Thing

10. I Found That Girl

11. There Was A Time

12. Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin

13. The Love You Save

Bonus Track

14. Mama's Pearl Live in Indiana

Disc 2 - Back @ the Forum August 26, 1972

1. Brand New Thing

2. Medley: I Want You Back/ABC/Mama's Pearl

3. Sugar Daddy

4. I'll Be There

5. Introduction by Michael

6. Goin' Back to Indiana/Brand New Thing/Goin' Back to Indiana

7. Bridge Over Troubled Water

8. I Found That Girl

9. I'm So Happy

10. Lookin' Through The Windows

11. Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing

12. Introduction by Jackie

13. Ben

14. Rockin' Robin

15. Got To Be There

16. You've Got A Friend

17. Ain't No Sunshine

18. I Wanna Be Where You Are

19. Introduction by Jermaine

20. That's How Love Goes

21. Never Can Say Goodbye

22. Walk On

23. The Love You Save

Bonus Track

24. I Wanna Be Where You Are from "Save The Children" *

SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises

Copyright 2010 PR Newswire.
Back to top Go down
Minimj
Admin
Admin
Minimj

PostSubject: Re: Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault!   Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault! EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:19 pm

OMG! This is going to be amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationjackson.darkbb.com
MICHAELa
Admin
Admin
MICHAELa

PostSubject: Re: Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault!   Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault! EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:53 am

Amazing? That´s an understatement, dude LOL I would say FASCINATING! dancing Can´t wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault!   Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault! Empty

Back to top Go down

Jackson 5 Live Performances discovered in Motown Vault!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top