Welcome to Generation Jackson Discussion Board.

You are currently viewing the forum is guest mode which means you cannot see a lot of the discussion board. Things are hidden for guests. By joining the community you will be able to create and write in topics as well as take part in many opportunities.

Joining is free, quick and simple. So please join Generation Jackson.

Were a whole new generation!
Welcome to Generation Jackson Discussion Board.

You are currently viewing the forum is guest mode which means you cannot see a lot of the discussion board. Things are hidden for guests. By joining the community you will be able to create and write in topics as well as take part in many opportunities.

Joining is free, quick and simple. So please join Generation Jackson.

Were a whole new generation!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To Generation Jackson, we hope you enjoy your stay! Let´s spread the Legacy of Love of the King Of Pop!

Share | 

"My Friend Michael" by Frank Cascio due fall 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minimj
Admin
Admin
Minimj

"My Friend Michael" by Frank Cascio due fall 2011 Empty
PostSubject: "My Friend Michael" by Frank Cascio due fall 2011   "My Friend Michael" by Frank Cascio due fall 2011 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:33 am

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/01/25...igns-book-deal

Exclusive: Michael Jackson Closest Friend Signs Book Deal
Michael-Jackson102
01/25/11 12:36am Roger Friedman 0

Exclusive: Frank Cascio, Michael Jackson’s closest friend and longtime associate, has signed a book deal with HarperCollins’s William Morrow division.

Cascio, who sometimes has been known as Frank Tyson, is the eldest son of the Cascio family of New Jersey, Jackson’s surrogate family.

It was Cascio to whom Michael turned in 2003 when he needed someone to oversee the Arvizo family. It was Cascio’s record keeping that helped exonerate Jackson on the counts of conspiracy in 2005.

Frank Cascio’s brother, Eddie, is the author and producer of several tracks on Michael’s new album, called “Michael.”

But it was Frank who originally worked on that music with another singer.

Now Frank Cascio will explain his and his family’s long relationship with Michael and with his kids.

Frank is also setting up a charitable venture into which he will contribute proceeds from the book. I hear that the charitywill build schools and help children in Haiti. Details are forthcoming. And many big name celebs are said to be signing on. (I can’t say the names, but they’re the real deal.)

If anyone in the Jackson saga was to write a memoir — besides manager Frank DiLeo–it would have to be Frank Cascio. His 25 year relationship with the pop star was a constant, whether Jackson was experiencing highs or lows.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-15063349.html

Michael Jackson was left mortified when Dame Elizabeth Taylor mistakenly thought he had gifted her an expensive necklace, according to a new book.
The pop icon and iconic actress were close friends up until Michael’s death on June 25 2009. Elizabeth, 78, was so devastated by his death she felt unable to attend his memorial, and also didn’t release a statement for several days.
Michael’s good friend and associate Frank Cascio has penned a book about the pop superstar, titled My Friend Michael: Growing Up With the King of Pop. He relives many of the fun times he had with the star in it, and also gives some insight into Michael’s relationships with his friends.
Frank claims Michael managed to convince Elizabeth to be a part of a special marking his 20th anniversary in the music business by presenting her with a pricey diamond necklace.
“According to Frank Cascio, Taylor thought the borrowed bauble was a gift and was horrified when the jeweller asked for it back. jackson had to apologise to her for the mix-up,” reports the New York Post.
The special event consisted of two concerts held in 2001, which were later televised.
Frank’s tome is slated for release later this year, with some of the proceeds being donated to children’s charities.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...#ixzz1C6TEe900
________________________________________________________________________________-

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8de5g4

I can't wait to introduce the world to "My Friend Michael"

LIFELONG FRIEND OF MICHAEL JACKSON, FRANK CASCIO,
TO PUBLISH “MY FRIEND MICHAEL” WITH WILLIAM MORROW

Most Candid, Detailed Portrait of Pop Icon to Include
Many Never-Before-Seen Photos

New York, NY (January 25, 2011) – William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publisher today announced an agreement to publish the memoir MY FRIEND MICHAEL: Growing Up with the King of Pop by producer and lifelong Jackson friend, Frank Cascio.

The memoir, scheduled for Fall 2011, will chronicle Cascio’s relationship with Michael Jackson over 25 years and reveal the inside, behind-the-scenes story of the Michael that Cascio knew as the performer’s friend and closest confidante, offering the most candid, moving, and detailed portrait of the pop icon. The book will also include photos never before seen by the public.

Cascio intends to dedicate a portion of his proceeds from the book to charities benefiting children around the world. He plans to start with an organization that has been building housing, schools and orphanages in Haiti since the devastating earthquake that left many children without families. Details of his plans will be announced in the coming months.

Acquiring editor Matt Harper says “For more than 25 years, Frank was fortunate enough to be one of the few people that Michael Jackson chose to have around him. In that time he witnessed many of the singer’s most private and public moments firsthand, and with this book, Frank will share a side of Michael that only a handful of people have seen--a side that will set the record straight and change how people think about this often misunderstood icon.”

In MY FRIEND MICHAEL, Cascio tells the full story of his life with Michael, offering an uplifting and definitive account of the superstar’s life from someone who lived it alongside him during the most controversial times of Michael’s life. What emerges is an emotional new side of the “King of Pop,”––a human one that was at times unremarkably average but also terribly scarred by his life in the spotlight both on and off the stage. Packed with never-before-seen photos, amazingly insightful revelations, personal anecdotes, and private moments that are essential for every Michael Jackson fan, this book is a treasury of Michael Jackson lore, one that both celebrates his life and presents him as the special person that he really was.

World Rights to the book were acquired by William Morrow Senior Editor, Matt Harper from Matthew Guma of the Guma Agency.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Frank Cascio, an entrepreneur and producer who splits his time between New York, Los Angeles, and Germany, knew Michael Jackson for more than 25 years, including serving as his personal manager for nearly a decade from the 90's into the '00's . During that time, Cascio developed and co-produced “The Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Celebration, Madison Square Garden,” was co-producer and creative director of “The Michael Jackson Interview: Footage You Were Never Meant to See,” executive producer and creative director in collaboration with Brett Ratner on “Michael Jackson Private Home Movies,” which aired on Fox in 2003.
Cascio is a co-founder and partner in the private equity platform, IMPERIAL™. Through this platform, he and his partners, entertainment attorney, Eric Lerner, and venture capitalist, Sean Koh, deploy strategic capital to their portfolio companies in the areas of film and television development and production, media, technology and music publishing.
He is also part of the music production trio DTC based in Berlin, Germany.
ABOUT HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERS:
HarperCollins, one of the largest English-language publishers in the world, is a subsidiary of News Corporation (NYSE: NWS, NWS.A; ASX: NWS, NWSLV). Headquartered in New York, HarperCollins has publishing groups around the world including the HarperCollins General Books Group, HarperCollins Children's Books Group, Zondervan, HarperCollins UK, HarperCollins Canada, HarperCollins Australia/New Zealand and HarperCollins India. HarperCollins is a broad-based publisher with strengths in literary and commercial fiction, business books, children's books, cookbooks, mystery, romance, reference, religious and spiritual books. With nearly 200 years of history HarperCollins has published some of the world's foremost authors and has won numerous awards including the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award, the Newbery Medal and the Caldecott. You can visit HarperCollins Publishers on the Internet at http://www.harpercollins.com.
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationjackson.darkbb.com

"My Friend Michael" by Frank Cascio due fall 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top